Risotto: making a single serving
An earlier post dealt with one way to have single servings of risotto, but in case you’ve eaten all of that and want a quick batch, here is a recipe adapted from Barbara Kafka’s Microwave Gourmet (pp.114-115) to serve one as a first course or two as a side dish.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Make this is a large soup plate or pie plate.
- Heat butter and oil at 100% for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and rice, stirring to coat with the oil and butter and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and cook uncovered at full power for 6 minutes; stir well and cook for an additional 6 minutes (12 minutes total).
- Remove from oven and let stand 3 minutes, stirring several times allowing rice to absorb remaining liquid.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.