For a leisurely (but easy) meal–especially weekend breakfast, try some Spanish-style fried eggs. The combination of the olive oil and good free-range eggs is absolutely wonderful–right up there with eggs Benedict as far as I’m concerned–and do love those, too! A good friend who has lived in Spain introduced me to these.
Huevos Fritos à la Española
- 2 eggs of size of your choice
- olive oil
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper
These are best made in a skillet that is just large enough to hold your eggs; otherwise it takes a lot of olive oil. I have a small (4-inch) cast iron skillet that I got very inexpensively at the hardware store. It’s the same skillet that I use for toasting small quantities of spices, et cetera.
- preheat your skillet
- pour enough olive oil into your skillet to be about 1-inch (2.5 cm) deep and heat the oil.
- break each egg into a saucer and slide it into the hot oil.
- gently fold the whites over the yolks.
- cook only until the white is set–one to three minutes over moderately heat–or to your preferred doneness.
- meanwhile, make toast
- lift the eggs out of the skillet and place on toast.
- season with the salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Pingback: Personal Training Tucson
Pingback: Tucson Realtors
Pingback: Build a Private Blog Network
What would all of us do devoid of the magnificent tips you reveal on this website? Who else comes with the fortitude to deal with essential topics just for common subscribers like me? I and my girlfriends are very delighted to have your website among the types we often visit. We hope you know how much we take pleasure in your work! Best wishes from us all.
Thank you so much for your comments. I really do appreciate them so much.