A traditional risotto, scaled for one.
It’s no secret that I love risotto (Exhibit A, Exhibit B). It can be a time-intensive dish, so my tendency has always been to make risotto in bulk.
But after a few delicious risotto meals recently, I realized I didn’t have enough ingredients left to make any of my favorite risotto recipes without buying more supplies. The idea of risotto for one was born.
I scoured several risotto recipes for larger groups and tweaked them to fit my ingredient supply. This risotto is deliciously simple and just the right size for one. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A few tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- A few tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Warm the stock in a pot over medium heat.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter. Cook…
View original post 175 more words