This was my first inspection, though a very quick one, of the new colony in Salvia. The bees are drawing comb on wax and on plastic foundation. Queen (Salem) seen on a lateral frame. Conditions really not optimal for a detailed inspection–as the sunshine quickly disappeared as clouds rolled in and it got much windier. The light wasn’t good for visualizing eggs in the cells, but I THINK I did see some in cells near the queen. I didn’t inspect all the frames with capped brood.

Conditions were really not optimal for a detailed inspection–as the sunshine quickly disappeared as clouds rolled in and it got much windier. (With gusts you could see the bees clinging onto the comb–not a good time to have the queen out in the open.) The light wasn’t good for visualizing eggs in the cells, but I THINK I did see some in cells near the queen. I didn’t inspect all the frames with capped brood.

I now know that the split is on its way!

Love my Hive Tracks Beekeeping software!

Advertisements