There are pros and cons of working freelance; however, one of the good things about it is that you can declare a “mental health” day when needed (within reason). Since I’m having a hiatus (but expecting incoming work so I know that I can’t do it again for a while, I’ve declared today a “duvet day: a mental health day in advance.
It’s not actually raining–merely drizzling so the patter of rain on the roof is missing, but it’s a duvet day!
Take one chilly, dreary, drizzly, or rainy day and add as needed
- One duvet
- One cat (or more) or dog (or more)
- Several good books of various genres (hardcopy or digital, or both)*
- PocketJuice for uninterrupted reader or tablet use**
- Music to taste
Add sporadically throughout the day as required:
- Tea (Harney & Sons) and toast***
- More tea or herbal tea
- Grilled cheese sandwich with soup of choice–chicken or tomato perhaps…. (sorry, not Campbell’s)****
- Additional warm beverage as needed
- Popcorn (with truffle salt)*****
- More books, as needed
- Good bread, cheese, fruit, and wine for supper
- Hot chocolate (with a dollop of Jabberwock or Krupnikas), repeat as needed
Combine as needed in desired quantities. A son gôut!
*J. J. Salkeld is good–Lake country, non-bloody mysteries.
** external battery pack if you’re going digital. Large, heavy (as these devices go, usually used only for travel) but supplies a day’s worth of reading and keeping up with Facebook on a tablet,
***Coffee not applicable; get-up-and-go beverage not useful; favorite tea or herbal infusion
**** Progresso Hearty Tomato is easily turned into cream of tomato with just a dollop of heavy cream as you heat, but don’t let it boil
*****from Bull City Olive Oil (yummy, especially if a little olive oil is used to pop the corn)
Pingback: Crudités – a-single-serving.com
Pingback: Popcorn! – a-single-serving.com
I’d kill for a duvet day. Hope you enjoyed it!
LikeLiked by 1 person